Tyco Healthcare Group is an international healthcare company. They provide many products and services to their customers in around 60+ countries.
History of Tyco Healthcare Group
Tyco was founded in 1960 by Arthur Rosenburg, who had a research lab to conduct experiments for the United States government. In 1962 the business developed into Tyco laboratories and turned their research to high tech material energy conversion products. In 1964 the company went to the public and began to gain other companies to fill in the gap in the development network. Because of this Tyco’s focus shifted to manufacturing industrial products. From 1974 to 2001 their stock was listed in the NY Stock Exchange. They have become much bigger and more diverse with revenues of more than $500 million. In 2005 Tyco published the first environment and health and safety report. In 2007 they completed separation into three different companies. Recently in 2010 they announced the intention to spin off electrical and metal products, and the acquisition of Broadview Security. They also completed the sale of their European Waterworks company. In 2011 they completed the acquisition of Signature Security and Chemguard, Inc.
Tyco looks to achieve:
- Governance- stand up to the highest standards of corporate governance. To do this they will establish processes and various practices that promotes integrity and accountability
- Customers- Understand and exceed customer needs and wants
- Growth- focus on the strategies to gain growth targets and deploy cash for further growth.
- Teamwork- Keep building the company’s reputation while keeping the initiatives to make sure it remains an employer of choice.
- Operational Excellence- Stay best in class with operating practices and company opportunities
- Financial Strength- Maintain the revenue and earnings per share.